TESTED 04 FORD F-250 F-350 DIESEL 6.0L ECU ECM ENGINE COMPUTER 4U7A-12A650-EDB
4U7A-12A650-EDB & DPU-251A < You must have both sets of numbers on your original ecu.
**The ecu we ship may not have this part number on it (may have updated part # sticker) but as long as you match these two sets of part numbers it will program and fit your vehicle.**
This ecu will interchange or replace the following ecu part numbers for 2004 Ford F-250 F-350 F-450 F-550 Super Duty 6.0L diesel truck models:
4U7A-12A650-EDA + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EDB + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EDC + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EDD + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EDE + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EDF + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EEA + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EEB + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EEC + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EED + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EEE + DPU-251A
4U7A-12A650-EEF + DPU-251A.
- ECU has been tested with our state of the art vehicle simulator which tests over 25 circuits of the ECU! Some of those are listed below:
- Reference Voltage Good!
- ECU powered up and has communication!
- ECU fuel pump/mail relay tested good!
- ECU injectors/coils tested good and much more!
- Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery. Make sure the battery connector is not touching the battery post.
- Disconnect and remove the module to be replaced.
- Install and connect the replacement module.
- Connect the negative terminal of the battery.
- See "Programming / PATS Security" below for additional install instructions.
Programming / PATS Security
For the ecu to work properly you must do the following three steps:
Step 1: Match your part number per above fitment/interchange notes
Step 2: Program ecu to your VIN. You will need your local mechanic, Ford dealer or properly equipped locksmith to program your VIN into the ecu. Without doing this you will get a "no start" condition.
Step 3: If your vehicle has PATS security (Most Ford/Lincoln/Mercury's do) you must have your keys programmed. We recommend you have this done by your local locksmith. In most cases they will travel to your location and the process takes less than 30 minutes. No towing necessary and your local locksmith will be cheaper than a dealer. If your vehicle has PATS and is not programmed you will get a "no start". If you do not have PATS after programming your VIN into the unit it will be plug and play.
- Pins perfect, none are broken or bent
- Mounting points good
This ECM comes with a 90 day warranty from the date of purchase. Please keep a copy of your purchase record which we will send with your item.