TESTED 07-11 FORD RANGER ECU ECM PCM ENGINE CONTROL COMPUTER 7L5A-12A650-AYF
7L5A-12A650-AYF and VK3-L5801 < You must have both part numbers on your original ecu!
*** FOR PROPER PROGRAMMING PLEASE SUPPLY YOUR VIN AT CHECKOUT. ***
ECU will arrive with updated part number sticker having been programmed with latest Ford Software Updates!
This ecu will interchange or replace the following ecu part numbers for 2007 to 2011 Ford Ranger models: 7L5A-12A650-AYF + VK3-L5801.
- ECU has been tested with our state of the art vehicle simulator which tests over 25 circuits of the ECU! Some of those are listed below:
- Reference Voltage Good!
- ECU powered up and has communication!
- TCM communication has been verified!
- A/C communication has been verified!
- ECU fuel pump/mail relay tested good!
- ECU injectors/coils tested good and much more!
- ****NOTE: If you do not replace your spark plugs and coils with motorcraft replacements prior to installing this ecu you will void your warranty. If these parts are not replaced you will pop the coil circuits on this ecu and we will not be able to take a return or issue or refund.****
- Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery. Make sure the battery connector is not touching the battery post.
- Disconnect and remove the module to be replaced.
- Install and connect the replacement module.
- Connect the negative terminal of the battery.
- See "Programming / PATS Security" below for additional install instructions.
Programming / PATS Security
For Plug and Play you must do the following three steps:
Step 1: Match your part number per above fitment guide
Step 2: Program ecu to your VIN. We provide free programming for our customers. During checkout you must list your VIN and mileage in the "Notes to Seller" for us to program the ECM. If we do not hear from you through the order notes or a message through eBay we will assume your mechanic is performing the programming (no problem at all) and we will ship the ECM out the next business day as directed by eBay.
Step 3: If your vehicle has PATS security (Most Ford/Lincoln/Mercury's do) you must have your keys programmed. We recommend you have this done by your local locksmith. In most cases they will travel to your location and the process takes less than 30 minutes. No towing necessary and your local locksmith will be cheaper than a dealer.
- Mounting points are all open and intact
- Pins perfect, none are broken or bent
- Lock tabs in place
- Connector plastic may have minor chip but pins, guides and lock tabs are in place.
This ECM comes with a 90 day warranty from the date of purchase.
****NOTE: If you do not replace your spark plugs and coils with motorcraft replacements prior to installing this ecu you will void your warranty. If these parts are not replaced you will pop the coil circuits on this ecu and we will not be able to take a return or issue or refund.****