REPAIR & RETURN PROCESS
- The Repair and return process is pretty simple and helps you avoid paying the high cost of a new ecu through your dealer.
- Step 1: Click on the buy it now button, select your return shipping preference and complete checkout. (Please make sure to read the Tech Notes below prior to purchase, thanks!)
Step 2: Package your ecu carefully so that it does not incur structural damage during shipment. Take it to the Post Office, FedEx, DHL or UPS and ship it to:
Your Part Source
4503 N Illinois St.
Swansea, IL 62226
Attn: R&R/(your Ebay user name here)
(Please make sure to include a note detailing the issues your vehicle is having and any trouble codes the vehicle is throwing. Make sure to include a contact number which we will only use if we run into an issues with the repair.)
- Step 3: The ecu arrives for repairs! We will repair your ecu the same or next business day and ship it back to you promptly. We ship on Saturdays!!
- Step 4: Since this is your computer it will return repaired, cleaned and ready for plug and play installation! It's that simple!
- We will use your notes and our state of the art vehicle simulator to put your ecu through over 25 component tests. This will allow us to zero in on the issues and perform a thorough rebuild. After the rebuild the ecu will undergo the same tests to verify the repair! Your ecu case and pins will also be cleaned so it is ready for install when you receive it back! (Please make sure your connector is free of debris, oil, dirt etc etc so a good connection is made!)
- Please note that sometimes the damage to an engine computer is not repairable. In cases like this there will be a diagnostic fee of $74.99. This fee covers our administrative time, testing the ecu and the attempted repair which in most cases can take quite a bit of time and effort. The remaining portion of your purchase price will be refunded.
- If you know the codes your ecu is throwing please email us prior to purchase and in most cases we can let you know if the damage is repairable or not. If not we may have the ecu you need in stock and will go over options with you.
- If we have not had prior contact with you and your ECU arrives with a known unrepairable code the ECU will be shipped back and you will only be charged a $24.99 handling charge. The remaining portion of your purchase price will be refunded.
- This repair carries a Limited Lifetime Warranty!
- You will receive a detail of the repairs that took place. Those repairs are covered for Life! You may also receive install notes detailing what you may need to repair or verify good prior to installing the repaired ecu. If it is determined those repairs did not take place and the same component(s) are blown it will not be covered under the warranty. In all cases where there is an issue rest assured we will work with you to get your vehicle up and running!
PART NUMBER56040026AA Through 56040026AF - 2.5L Federal
56040027AA Through 56040027AG - 2.5L California or Low E
56040030AA Through 56040030AG - 3.9L M/T Federal
56040031AA Through 56040031AH - 3.9L M/T California or Low E
56040032AA Through 56040032AF - 3.9L M/T Foreign
56040037AA Through 56040037AG - 3.9L A/T Federal
56040045AA Through 56040045AH - 3.9L A/T California or Low E
56040046AA Through 56040046AF - 3.9L A/T Foreign
56040064AA Through 56040064AG - 5.2L M/T Federal
56040065AA Through 56040065AH - 5.2L M/T California or Low E
56040093AA Through 56040093AH - 5.2L A/T Federal
56040095AA Through 56040095AI - 5.2L A/T California or Low E
56040096AA Through 56040096AH - 5.2L A/T 4X4 Federal
56040101AA Through 56040101AI - 5.2L A/T 4X4 California or Low E
56040145AA Through 56040145AG - 5.9L A/T Federal
56040146AA Through 56040146AH - 5.9L A/T California or Low EIf you do not see your part number, no worries, we can repair all 1999 Dodge Dakota 2.5L 3.9L 5.2L 5.9L ecu's. If you know your ecu is beyond repair email us with your part number and there is a good chance we have it in stock!
- You are responsible for shipping the ecu to us. We offer three return shipping options. During checkout you will be able to choose one of the following:
- USPS Priority - 2 to 3 day shipping (This is included with the listed shipping cost)
- USPS Priority Express - 1 day shipping to most locations. If you live in a remote area this service may take 2 days. (There is an up-charge)
- UPS Next Day Air Saver - Guaranteed 1 day service. (There is an up-charge) arriving much sooner and when it does we will repair it the same or next business day. Once repaired the ecu will ship back to you by the next business morning.
Most items come with a 30 day return period. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
There are certain situations where no or only partial refunds are granted
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your original method of payment.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged by our error. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be responsible for paying for return shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of initial shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
We typically use USPS Priority to ship your item. This is a 2-3 day service to most parts of the lower 48 states.
We only offer faster shipping on smaller items which can fit into the USPS Priority Mail Express Flat Rate envelope. This expedited shipping does have a shipping surcharge.
If you are needing faster shipping on a larger item you can contact us to see if we can do this.
Any expedited shipping costs will not be refunded if the item is returned or does not show up on time due to the shipping carrier.